Our plant fiber based products are now made from sugarcane (bagasse) and wheatstraw fiber. Sugarcane and wheatstraw are not only annually renewable resources, but can also be turned into products normally made from plastic or paper. Bagasse is the sugarcane fiber remaining after extraction of juice from sugarcane and the wheatstraw is the remaining plant material after the wheat grain and chaff have been extracted. We use these byproducts to make compostable tableware.
Our compostable plates are
- microwave and freezer safe, can be used for both hot and cold items
- soak proof
- have no plastic or wax lining
- handle hot liquids up to 220 Fahrenheit (moisture forms at the bottom for hot food items)
- fully compostable, sturdy and strong in commercial compost pile
- meet ASTM D-6400 standard for compostability
Though these compostable plates are soak proof, hot items will cause the plates to “perspire” and some condensation will form at the bottom.
Our products meet FDA standards for food contact and are Gluten-Free. They are made from the wheat stalks and not from the food grain which stores the proteins and allergens.
|These products are BPI (Biodegradables Product Institute) Certified.|
Contact US Eco Products, Corporation for quantity pricing and Federal/State purchasing at 978-457-9229 or [email protected]
World Centric Donates 25% of their profits and they are 100% carbon offset